Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm A Little Bit Country...

Actually, I used to be a LOT country.  I loved the pine furniture, checkered homespun fabric, chickens, hearts, all of it.  I am transitioning now, but have some pretty significant country accents that I haven't been able to do anything with yet for various reasons.  I will say, though, that I still love chicken wire.  I have seen it used on really pretty cabinets that don't look too cutesy.  I am trying to decide if it can stay anywhere in my house, like these doors:






This is what I did with my pantry doors.  They were plain bi-fold doors that I stapled fabric and chicken wire to.  We trimmed them with wood strips and added crystal knobs.  It is the same fabric that I have on my kitchen and nook curtains, so it ties everything in.  What do you think?  Too out of sync with where I want to go, which is classic, simple, non-themey, or okay in small doses? 

I also have it here, on my coat closet in the entry:





See what I mean about the chickens?  Sheesh!  Please don't judge the ugly paint on the walls.  I had a horrible time finding a brown that didn't look like peach or purple or puke...  Finally, after buying multiple cans (it was before sample sizes), we just left the last coat up.  The entry is very high on my priority list of makeovers, but the ceilings are tall and it is difficult to reach.  I'm trying to get the courage and finances up to do the paint, moulding, and new chandeliers all at once to prevent having to climb up there multiple times.

Anyway, I kind of like the wire still, but the chickens aren't exactly my thing anymore.  I'm thinking this whole door needs a makeover.  Don't you just wish sometimes that you had unlimited funds and a really great decorator? 

1 comment:

HunDuddle Hussy said...

the chickens make it rad. save the chickens.

just came by to say...
thanks for stopping by on my sits day, a day that i needed just a WEEEE bit of extra love :) ur awesome!!!!