Monday, August 23, 2010

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall...

I didn't have one single mirror on my wall, with the exception of the bathrooms.  I see them in stores.  I love them on blogs.  I was waiting for the right one, right time, right price.  I don't know what I was waiting for.  I think I was waiting for my walls to be repainted, but I've been waiting on that for a long time.  A LONG time.

One of my mommy friends has a big yard sale every summer with her whole family.  It's pretty big.  I thought I'd go to see what kind of clothes I could score for my daughter.  I got some cute stuff last year.  I noticed a guy walking around with some big mirrors and thought, Lucky Guy!  I missed those.  Then he had more mirrors, and I though, Not Fair Lucky Guy!  He looked pretty greedy...  Then I asked my girlfriend if he was really buying all of them.  She laughed and told me he was just setting them out for the sale.  So, I bought them.  All of them.  All 4 lovelies.  They are all like 4 or 5 feet by 3 or 4 feet with big frames.  Thanks, Lucky Guy!

They all had different gold frames, which don't really go in my house, but I really heart spray paint, and for under $40 for all 4, I figured it was time.

Oh, look, here's one now!


I sprayed it with oil rubbed bronze.  That is such a great invention!

Here it is with my Goodwill buffet:



Here's my buffet again, because it makes me happy!



I still want to put something low, like a bench, on the long empty wall in the dining room.  My neighbor and I were thinking sconces on either side of the mirror.  I'm not loving the table and chairs that are in there now, but I have no plans at this point for changing them.  Patience...



This is the other corner of the dining room.  Just in case you wondered...

I am linking this post to Between Naps on the Porch here:

and Frugalicious Friday at:

and Creations by Kara at:

and Not Just a Housewife at:

and Domestically Speaking at:


3 comments:

Lois Houston said...

Love the mirror!
Visiting from SITS

omgyummy said...

Saying hi from SITS! Love what you did with the mirror. It looks great and so does the buffet. Good for you for not being afraid of the paint -- look what you ended up with. Yippee!

kcandcoley said...

Thank you! I'm really happy with it.